The heart of the YMCA's mission is to connect, engage, and serve all individuals and families in the Door County community. That's why we provide the Membership For All financial assistance program, which is funded by donations from local families and organizations to the Y's Annual Campaign. The Membership for All program gives kids, families, and adults the opportunity to pay the monthly membership fee that best aligns to their household income.
The Door County YMCA offers Nationwide Membership because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. As a Nationwide Member, you now have the added value of visiting Ys across the United States and Puerto Rico. There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
- Visit ymca.net before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2,500 Y locations participate.
- You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
We look forward to your visit and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.
Membership Specialist | Northern Door
Josh Lardinois: email@example.com
Membership Specialist | Sturgeon Bay
Sue Crass: firstname.lastname@example.org