Membership For All (MFA) Financial Assistance
At the Y, strengthening the foundation of our community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. We provide support for families and promote positive change overall through our Annual Campaign. When you give to the Y, you help more people move forward.
How to Apply
In order for us to process your application, you must complete the confidential Scholarship Application form. Please bring copies (NO originals) of the following documents to the Member Services desk at your local Y to verify your rate:
- Required: Copy of most recent tax return/W2/1099 forms OR taxes not filed letter from IRS.
- Required: Copy of two recent payroll stubs OR copy of unemployment check stubs.
- If Applicable: Verification of any other assistance received, like food stamps, child support, housing assistance.
- If Applicable: Social Security income verification (tax return not required).
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- Bank draft via checking or savings account
- Debit or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA accepted)
- Annual payment
Program and Kid Care Assistance
- The percentage of assistance applied to programs and Kid Care is based on a sliding scale.
- A maximum of 50% program and Kid Care assistance is available.
Please ask member services staff for more information.
If you feel you have a need for more assistance please call the Y for a confidential appointment to discuss further.
Eligibility for financial assistance will be determined by the appropriate staff, based on a thorough review of the application and at times a personal appointment with the applicant. Failure to report any form of income may result in the termination or delay of assistance from the Y. The Door County YMCA reserves the right to refuse assistance to any applicant.
The renewal period for all current members receiving assistance is September. A renewal form will be mailed in late August during which you will be required to provide a copy of the most recent tax return and current income verification. Members not completing their renewal information will lose their program discount on October 1 and will be subject to a 20% discount decrease on November 1. Discounts will be adjusted/re-instated once renewal paperwork has been turned in and processed.